Cephalexin is active against many strains of gram-positive bacteria including causative microorganism of diphtheria, as well as some gram-negative bacteria such as Meningococcus, Gonococcus, Shigella, Salmonella and E. coli.
Indications for cephalexin
- infectious and inflammatory diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract: acute bronchopneumonia, pharyngitis;
- infectious diseases of skin and soft tissues: inflammation of the lymphatic vessels, pyoderma, furunculosis, purulent inflammation of tissues;
- urinary tract infections: prostatitis, urethritis, gynecological infections, acute and chronic pyelonephritis, cystitis;
- middle ear infection, sore throat, tonsillitis, sinusitis;
- acute and chronic stages of osteomyelitis.
- allergy to the active substance of drug, penicillin and its derivatives;
- diseases of gastrointestinal tract;
- liver and kidney diseases;
- less than seven years of age.
Side effects of cephalexin
- gastrointestinal tract reactions:
- abdominal pain;
- rarely — diarrhea;
- dermatological allergic reactions:
- skin rashes;
- rarely — angiooedema;
- change in laboratory parameters:
- elevation of hepatic transaminases;
- rarely — increased number of eosinophils and decreased number of neutrophils in the blood;
- itching in the genital area and the anus;
- genital candidiasis;
- alteration in consciousness levels;
- changes in the joints.
The following symptoms may occur in case of overdose of this drug:
- discomfort in the upper abdomen;
- nausea and vomiting;
- passage of blood in urine.
Treatment of an overdose of this drug is prescribed depending on the symptoms that occur.
You can buy Cephalexin online by choosing to make payment in cash on delivery, through bank transfer or by using electronic payment systems.